Wednesday, September 16, 2009

LED Lights Mean More Electricity For Your Car


A newly developed 19-Year LED Bulb could mean a substantial cost savings for you, even while you're spending $0.12 per kWh to charge your Nissan Leaf.

Panasonic's new bulb, which screws into a standard socket, uses about 7.3 watts, but produces the light of a 60 watt bulb, lasts about 19 years, and uses LED technology, so it's "greener" than a compact florescent bulb (which uses mercury).

We'll see how this goes. So far, I haven't been impressed with LED lighting, I find it too dim, but, between the LED and CFL lights I have, I've definitely been saving cash on the electric bill, even if the house isn't as bright as it could be.

Hey, in the dim light, I can turn down the brightness on the iMac, which saves even more, so, by the time I'm sucking up the juice to charge the Leaf, I'm already ahead on the savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment